Scope of Operation
Activities, Programs and Services
The Somali STEM Society seeks to support and empower academics, researchers, students, entrepreneurs, and other professionals interested in STEM and help them to become the next generation of innovators.
The Somali STEM Society, in collaboration with key stakeholders, are implementing a range of activities and programmes to nurture the talents of upcoming and existing scientists, engineers, technicians and mathematicians by:
- Collaborating with the private sector, industry, governmental agencies and international NGOs in supporting STEM activities and projects in schools and universities.
- Raising national awareness of the importance of enhancing the academic rigor of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) teaching in elementary, secondary and Higher Education.
- Enriching the creativity of students through experimental kits and hands-on STEM project experiments both in and out of classrooms and through the media.
- Showcasing STEM activities and program demonstrations at annual STEM summits and regional STEM events, as well as hosting Africa Science Week.
- Connecting the Somali STEM Society with other STEM projects in Africa and elsewhere.
- Providing professional development, teacher training and curriculum development/enhancement of STEM subject-teaching, in collaboration with Ministers of Education in all Somali Regions and other stakeholders.